Sign in to follow this  
jemackinnon83

Carpet or bedliner?

I recently bought a 17' Monark fiberglass bass boat and the carpet needs to be replaced.  I just about have all the old carpet pulled out.  Now I'm debating whether I want to put carpet or a rubberized coating on the floor.  I was thinking about using the Tuff Coat coating that BPS sales.  Anyone have any thoughts on helping me choose?  Thanks.

Carpet feels better, and provides a little more cushion while standing for long periods of time. Color may become a consideration with darker colors absorbing more sun and heating up.

Also the bed liner stuff tends to be shiny, and often reflects more sunlight up causing more glare, often it can be painted with a flat paint to help this. Just depends on the actual product your using.

Treble hooks will snag on carpet. So it's 6 of one, half a dozen of another.

Personally I'd go with carpet.

Bill

I would go with the carpet.  Mainly because it would feel better to stand on and if you got water in the boat, even thou the rubber material is better then just the hull material, I would still think it might be more slippery.  The carpet would still give you traction wich is good when getting in and out of the boat.

From experience, bedliner is hot and slippery when its even slightly wet (morning dew).  But the biggest reason that I switched to carpet from bedliner is the fatigue on your feet from it being a hard surface.

I do, however, recommend painting your truck with bedliner.  It was the best thing I have done in a long time.   :o