Sign in to follow this  
Evan Pease

New Trolling Motor

I got a Minn Kota EDGE today at BPS. Its the 40# with a 45 inch shaft. Anybody know about it? It has decent reviews in BPS. Also how do I put this thing on my jon boat?

You may want to consider returning your bow mount trolling motor and replacing it with a stern mount with a 36" shaft.  Jon boats are not designed to easily accommodate a bow mount motor.  Lots of modifications are required.

Im thinking about trading it but I have seen a few on here with them though. I just need to know what they did with theirs. Its already decked, too.

Did you buy isolator bolts?

I got nothing to do today, bring it by and I'll help you slap it on there.

Im thinking about trading it tomorrow. Im going to Ashville NC to look at kayaks so I could probably stop going up or down. I will probably get that Bulldawg thing. Ill check BPS and see what kind of transom foot controlls they have.

Nothing wrong with putting a foot-controlled TM on the bow of that boat. Just requires a bit of work and special engineering.

Id like to get my grandpa to look at it befor I get a different one but I think he will be alright with whatever I bring in.

Ok. I got the Motorguide Bulldog and a jon boat attachment thing Burley sent me a link for(thanks :o). Ill tell you how it works later.

"The harder I press the righter I go!"

Were getting a new one. This one was all beat up and obviously used. The new new one should be in wendesday :o