Sign in to follow this  
92 5 oh

adding power trim to a 25 hp mercury outboard??

hello,

i have a 2001 25 hp mercury that's manual tilt and a quicksilver control box. it has the ability to control a trim/tilt.  i've been looking around and haven't found much info about trim/tilt systems for this small of a motor.  i don't HAVE to have it, but it would be nice and eventually i would like to get a 40 hp.  i've seen a few T/T systems for 40's. anyone have any info on what i would be looking for in a T/T system for a 25 hp motor? is it something i can just add to the motor or would i have to change the mounting brackbet on the motor as well. also, any idea if it would be compatable with a 40 hp?

thanks

steven

I have looked into adding power trim to my 40HP. All you would need to do is to look up on Mercury's website http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/us/ and see if your motor comes with a power trim option. Look up the part number and see if you can buy it new or used from some where. I have found all the parts, including electrics, for $400.00 to add it to my 40. I just need to order it.

Bass Pro Shops sells a CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim.  It will work on 35 hp and smaller, so it wouldn't work if you go to a 40 hp.