Adam.love05

Vermont river fishing

Hey guys, northern vt guy (milton) that mostly kayak fishes Champlain. But I'm  looking to try amd find some nice rivers to fish for bass out of my kayak.. Something local would be great, but id be ok with driving up to an hour somewhere.. Any tips and info would be great.. Thanks

I live in Georgia...  Arrowhead is wicked fun.  

Winooski River, put in with a buddy where River Rd is in Essex.  Drift dow. To the park just above the IBM Dam (you leave your car there first).  Obviously Smallies and Browns but there are some banger Green fish there too.

Stretch of winooski below the IBM dam, I've caught 10 species of fish below the pump house.

Stretch of winooski below 89 has big smallies 

Fairfield Pond has monsters.

Lamoille below Peterson has its moments. 

Missisquoi can be hard because of the long stretches of dead water.  However...  where Charcoal Creek goes under rt 78 (culvert then fish south) has BIG largemouth (7's and 8's out of there).

That ought to fill up the rest of the summer.

• Thanks 1

I was hoping id hear from you!!

I live a mile from,arrowhead.. There are some good fish in there.. But they are hard to find. It gets real weedy too which I hate fishing in..

Where do you put in the winooski below 89? That sounds interesting..

I grew up on Fairfield pond.. That place is a gem. I usually fish it early in the year before it gets choked with milfoil.

I'll have to try south of 78 on charcoal creek.. I know the culvert is always packed..

The stretch below 89 can be accessed either at the tiny park right where the train tracks cross in winooski.   Or. Where the power transformer is (on right when you are on 89 heading north).  I'd wade this stretch first.

Get into the weeds!!!!!!