Hey everyone. Thanks for checking out my question.

I have two spinning combos. M, and ML. I have 15 pound yellow power pro on one, and 10 pound yellow 832 on the other. I just wrapped up a day of fishing comparing the two.

My question is, would you run high vis on both reels? I typically run a leader anyway (alberto knot). I usually run small texas rigs on the ML for smallies, and if I go to a moving bait I use the M. Should I go v2 onyx or low vis green on one of them? Any thoughts? 

I've used so many different color lines it isn't funny. Both mono and braid. Never saw any difference.  Do what makes you satisfied. It seems the fish don't care.    jj

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjoe said:

I've used so many different color lines it isn't funny. Both mono and braid. Never saw any difference.  Do what makes you satisfied. It seems the fish don't care.    jj

Yup.  I like Sufix Siege Neon Tangerine.  :teeth:  I've got green, white, blue, yellow and pink braid lines.  :D

I use green on moving baits because I don't watch my line. I use yellow sufix on bottom contact because I watch my line like a hawk.

7 hours ago, jbsoonerfan said:

I use green on moving baits because I don't watch my line. I use yellow sufix on bottom contact because I watch my line like a hawk.

Thats basically what I was thinking. I mostly fish stained rivers and end up with slack in my line from time to time which is why i tried the yellow. After i cast (and looking at trees during the cast) i completely lose where my bait is at. 

10 hours ago, jbsoonerfan said:

So with that theory I coooould use high vis and just tie on a leader when i want to switch to a moving bait. I wade a lot and only bring one rod.

7 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

So with that theory I coooould use high vis and just tie on a leader when i want to switch to a moving bait. I wade a lot and only bring one rod.

Sure! I usually fish stained water so I am not worried about line shy fish. That being said, if I am on a clear lake and notice my partner hooking up more than me then I will throw a leader on. I will also tie a leader on when fishing a rocky lake or area of the lake. 

6 minutes ago, jbsoonerfan said:

Sure! I usually fish stained water so I am not worried about line shy fish. That being said, if I am on a clear lake and notice my partner hooking up more than me then I will throw a leader on. I will also tie a leader on when fishing a rocky lake or area of the lake. 

So if you fish stained water you tie moving baits right to high vis line?

I have, but I know some people would advise against it.

It's kind of like shampoo and conditioner, everyone has different opinions. 

34 minutes ago, jbsoonerfan said:

It's kind of like shampoo and conditioner, everyone has different opinions. 

Yeah I see that browsing the internet haha! What a conundrum.