the reel ess

FeelFree Lure 13.5 with Electric Transom Trolling Motor

I recently traded my FeelFree Lure 13.5 with GPS/Fish Finder to a guy for the same model kayak rigged with a transom mount trolling motor kit from Electric Kayak Company.It's the first one on this page.   http://www.electrickayakcompany.com/#options

It the 45 lb thrust model with variable speed. I took it out yesterday morning with good results as I mentioned in the Fishing Reports forum. 

I love the motor and was able to cover a lot of water with it. The steering is a good idea, but the design could use a little work. I didn't rig this one, but with this kit, you basically replace the foot rest assembly with ones that slide. To go left, you push the left foot rest. To go right, push right. If you put pressure on the ends of the foot rests, it's difficult to steer. You need to put toe pressure on it where it slides in the rails. One of the foot rests binds in its slide. I will continue to tinker with it on saw horses until I get it working better. Does anyone else have one of these that can lend any advice?

Thanks