Sign in to follow this  
zellamander

Got a boat today

Well guys, I have been searching for another boat for quite awhile now and i came across one today for a listing price of $400! I thought, there is no way that this boat is in any possible fixing condition. I went against what i thought it should be like and checked it out anyways. I get there and it's a 16' fiberglass Buckshot bass boat. It has a 40 hp Mariner motor on it and a 48 lb thrust motor guide trolling motor! I was impressed.

The guy told me the trolling motor didn't work, and the motor would turn over strong but he hadn't gotten it to start in years. Well, i figured that the boat itself was worth the money so i bought it.

I get it home and in 20 minutes the motor is running (THE KILL SWITCH PIN WAS MISSING!!!) and the trolling motor had a loose conection!!! I'll post pictures as soon as i can. I am going to register it tomorrow and then i'm off to fish a jackpot tourny in it tomorrow evening.

Nice going; I love to hear those kind of stories 8-)

Good luck with your new boat!

I'll try to get pics tonight at the tourny. I'll for sure have them up by the end of the week.

I had never heard of the brand either. But it looks pretty decent. I'm anxious to get it on the water. The mariner motor on it purrs like a kitten.

I also found 2 somewhat new fish finders in the storage compartment along with an Abu Garcia bait casting reel!  I think i got my money's worth.

No pics yet guys, but the tourny went great as far as the boats performance. I did catch a 5.75lb bass but was docked 1 pound for dead fish. Stupid mistake and i'm kicking myself for it, got a birdsnest and when i got it worked out he was there. I worked on him the whole tourny but just couldn't keep him going.  Won the tourny, lost some of my pride.

Motor ran great, i'm thinking of selling the motor actually. I'd like to get an older, bigger mercury if possible. I would love to get a 50-85 horse older mercury.

Thanks. I'll try to get them posted quick. My step-mom hasn't entered the technology world and got herself a digital camera yet, so she tries to claim mine. I'm taking the boat out again with my fiance tomorrow evening. Gonna try to make myself forget about letting that big one die..... :'(