Fairtax4me

What’s FT4M been up to?

Howdy folks!

I haven’t been on much lately, I’ve got some catching up to do here, looks like a lot of nice fish being caught out there in the BR world! 

Life has has been a bit busy. Not too busy to fish, but for some odd reason I just haven’t made regular posts on the BR lately. I’ve lurked a few times though. 

Fishing hasn’t been exactly prime the last few months. After mid spring it has been a dink fest, but with an occasional nice 4-5lb fish thrown in the mix. Fishing some local ponds and lakes from the bank or from the kayak when I get a chance. 

I did just just get back from a stellar smallmouth trip, which I’ll make another post about with some in depth on how I caught my second largest smallie, and my best number of good sized smallmouth. I’ve had plenty of high number days catching 8-14” smallies, but this trip I got on some bigguns, and was able to keep a pattern going that caught me somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 smallmouth over 2lbs. 

Other notable catches are my biggest largemouth yet from the kayak. A 5.1lb 21” fish out of the Shenandoah river. I caught that one and two other largemouth out of the exact same tree all within 10 minutes of each other. 

The large bass may have eluded me for a while, but I was still able to pile up tons of small smallies and largies from some local waters. I think now getting into late summer I’m getting back into a groove. I’ve also been on the hunt for new fishing spots that get less pressure now that I’ve got comfortable on the kayak. 

Let the stud-fest continue!!! 

23583376-DF09-4A26-9FB9-08D01E4B3EFF.jpeg

A7BE567C-E458-40E0-8963-30C56CD00BAF.jpeg

63C92D4E-1FBA-48D9-91FA-A4B1F7786F8A.jpeg

• Like 6

The 5.1, and a couple other solid bass! 

83533813-1B02-44EE-868E-4D0FB54C9736.jpeg

67E6B9BF-759C-4095-ACC7-63E1612C8E64.jpeg

A394C15D-9692-49FE-B899-41ACCA361C16.jpeg

7E986DDB-5F7D-4304-B732-FAF04A3273F3.jpeg

• Like 6