Sign in to follow this  
WIII-60

Somethings up with my sonar

I've got a 565 up front with the transducer mounted on the trolling motor, with a matrix 27 on the console. Shoot-through for that one.

For some reason, the Matrix started to just shut off about two months ago. It would stay on for maybe a minute, then shut off. Now, today, the 565 wouldn't pick up any reading of the bottom. It would read the temp and the display was normal, but no graph. Whenever I would bump the trolling motor there would be a "disturbance" on the screen. Almost like a bottom reading but no real rhyme or reason. It would only happen when I hit the motor and only for a second.

Also today, when I tried to turn on the Matrix it read "low voltage" and shut-off.

What's up? I've got them both wired to the battery that the TM runs from by the way and had a good charge.

Check all connections, this includes fuses, inline and fuse blocks, make sure they are tight and not corroded. Also. Move the depth finders to your starting battery or their own battery. The trolling motor's electronics can interfere with your depth finders.