Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

The boat"just" fits

I recently acquired a 1980 Ford Cargo van(when I say Acquired,I mean it was given to me.literally)

Anyway,I was kicking around the idea of putting my 10'jon boat inside. Well it was a total success. I did have to beat one of the metal panels on the rear door in for clearance.Other than that its a tight fit so tight that...Well just look at the pics!!

post-1747-130162913072_thumb.jpg

Clearance with doors shut

post-1747-130162913078_thumb.jpg

Front of the boat

post-1747-130162913084_thumb.jpg

Ive been working out details of how I can use some PVC pipe attached to the ceiling to hold my rod/reel setups. Its already got a homemade shelving built in for the tackle and such.

I like this better than my Ford Truck. Iused to have to strap the boat down,and it had a 2 foor overhang off the tailgate.

Now when I launch the boat,I really dont have to even get out of the vehicle. Ill open the doors just before going onto the ramp,back down,put the van in gear(E-brake dont work) and give the boat a little shove.

Loading "should" be easier too,My Truck is a 4X4 which makes for a big lift on the boat after being out on the water all day.The van doesnt sit nearly as high.

Sweet! ;)

Thats a neat idea to have all that tackle storage! Now you have to name it with a big sticker on the side of the van!

Nice fit!  And free to boot!  Now you can paint it up to look like the mystery machine.

You may still want to use tie downs to hold that sucker down.  You don't want the boat to double as a missile if you ever have to stop real hard (or, God forbid, get into an accident).