Sign in to follow this  
SneakySnook

What do you use in Florida during the winter.

I trying to figure out what kind of lures I should use in the winter. Should I fish shallow or deep? I've been using rat-l-traps and rapalas lately and have been doing good with them. But now that the temps have dropped I haven't been able to catch a fish so I hope you guys can give me some ideas.

The lake I fish is full of weeds and I don't have a boat so I have to fish from the bank. If you need any other info let me know if it helps you tell me what I should be using.

Are you in the northern half of the state?  I dont have much of a seasonal difference to really change lures or techniques.  If there is a change its going more towards power fishing since the bass are more active and approaching or at spawn.  Finesse fishing more in the summer when the heat has them lethargic, since 100% of my bass fishing is at less than 4 feet in depth.

Weightless stickbaits, frogs late in the day, t-rigged ribbontail worms, shakey head trick worms, deep down cranks and jerkbaits, centipedes on c-rig.  Thats what I use when water temps drop, but in South Florida it never gets cold to where i dont catch any bass.  If the largemouth bite slows for some reason hit up a local canal for some peacock fishing its great year round except on the first two days of a cold front.

Beautiful Snook in your avatar Bass Mekanik

I'm in Lutz which is about 10 minutes north of Tampa. It cools off a lot when a cold front comes in. Tomorrow will be about 38-42 in the morning. BM nice snook.