Gonna brave Smokey air and fish Clearlake tomorrow

Darth-Baiter

• Super User

Bummer about the wildfires.  My prayers and best wishes go out to those affected. 

im gonna try to find bass.  Good luck to you all fishing NorCal tomorrow.  Let’s do this! Kicking a kayak propulsion system in the smoke may be problematic but I’m gonna try. 

Today. 

CE143187-233E-4719-B0A1-F0CBEC43DB63.jpeg

We were there last Sunday through Wednesday.  No smoke, a little heat, and lots of Bass.  My grandson was so disappointed,  he was really hoping for at least one catfish.  He had three largemouths very close to 4 pounds each.  At 13 he did better than the three adults.  Loved every minute of it. 

• Thanks 1

• Super User
9 hours ago, Zippo Guy said:

We were there last Sunday through Wednesday.  No smoke, a little heat, and lots of Bass.  My grandson was so disappointed,  he was really hoping for at least one catfish.  He had three largemouths very close to 4 pounds each.  At 13 he did better than the three adults.  Loved every minute of it. 

Sweet!  Thanks for the inspiration. 

I heard Orville, one of your favs is so low the stopped producing electricity.  Bummer. Prayers for biblical rains. 

Only boat launch open on Lake Oroville is very muddy 4X4 only.  Most aren't risking it. Losing 1 to 1 1/2 feet of water a day.  Mud is too soft to get close for bank fishing.  River in town and Afterbay area are being flooded by the release from the lake. Must keep the saltwater out of the Delta. 

Clear Lake was a joy to fish.  Good luck over there. 

Forgot,  power plant was shut down for the first time ever yesterday. 

• Super User

No way. On the way to the lake we checked. It was bad smoke. Unhealthy levels. We took a left and hit Lake Sonoma and got our butts whupped. We sucked.