NFC X-ray DS721

dv616

This is just an absolutely fantastic drop shot rod for how I fish it.  Nose hooked baits with the #2 Lunker City VGB hook.  It has the perfect flex for cushioning runs by fish so the hook does not pull out, even if the fish are skin hooked.  I usually cast and work a drop shot back to the boat, not fished vertically.  So, for me, this rod maxes out at a 1/4 weight, I usually use a 3/16 oz weight.  The pike was a nice one, very thick and heavy body weight even though it has numerous tumors.  6# line and a drop shot hooked pike is a little nerve racking to get to the net.  Smallmouths were all 17-18”.  All very healthy fish.   Probably not the ideal rod for fishing dropshots deep and vertical though, but I have never done the Great Lakes smallmouth thing (hopefully eventually).

IMG_9011.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_9017.jpeg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.