Sign in to follow this  
moby bass

Gander Mtn E Glass crankbait rod

Does anybody use this rod or have any knowledge of it?  Seems a little "whippy" at

the tip. How does it cast?  How is the sensitivity?  They carry both a 7' MH crankbait and

a 6'6' M crankbait.  

I use a very whippy glass rod for cranks too, as you should in my opinion. I mean, as long as it is sensitive enough to give off vibrations of the lure as it goes through the water. I seem to have good hook up to landing ration with this soft action rod. As long as you do a nice sweeping hook set you should be fine. I found that when a fish hits the crankbait and you sweep hookset, you have to reel down fast, and keep reeling fast to keep the line tight and the hooks in. The fish will take drag if he needs it so don;t worry about breaking the line, especially with a softer action rod which takes the tension of the line.

By the way, when I say whippy, I don't mean a wet noodle. I just mean the front half is fairly whippy not the whole rod, cause then it wouldn;t be a rod would it.  :(

I have the 7 foot MH model. I use it for all styles and weights of cranks and love it. You'll like that whippy tip when a 5+ pounder is beside the boat and your trying to land her.