Sign in to follow this  
boatlesswonder

Ebay does it again.

I could not believe it, I got both a Loomis SJR781S IMX and Symetre 1500 for 99.99. New with tags and box and spare spool.  ;D

Most of my best Ebay deals have come due to pilot error by the seller. Namely, listing an item with a ending time that is not ideal.  Oddly enough some call it superstition but I've found that stuff draws more bids and higher bids when the end time is on certain days and times.  Some days are duds, others are peak. Some times are absolutely no-no's.  

I found the best deals on ebay come from sellers that don't have paypal or new sellers with little to no feedback. Yeah, I now its kinda risky but the risk has payed off for me a few times. My latest good buy that came to my mailbox just two days ago was a NIB Calcutta 101 that I won for $100. The seller had good 100% feedback but didn't take paypal....had to wait a little longer while the MO was in the mail but everything turned out great.

I try to end my auctions on a sunday night...normally around 9pm central time. I figure the most people would be at home during that time.

I love ebay for this after my last experience.  I got a NIB Curado 100 which retails for 200 for 130 shipped.  I plan on buying my next reel from ebay.  Bid-On!!!

Brandon

I try to end my auctions on a sunday night...normally around 9pm central time. I figure the most people would be at home during that time.

Yep, that's normally my best time.  I've also found the bidding will be fierce in the Sunday afternoon hours, then stop around 5pm and then pickup again right around auction closing.

Late Saturday nights are pretty good. Mondays and Tuesdays are losers.