Sign in to follow this  
jaskoh

New Avids

Does anyone hav any pictures of the new avids?  I know st. croix has some of the newer versions in stock because I called and asked about a particular model I am not ready to pull the trigger on yet.  

Jason

My local BPS has the new avids and tournaments in stock, only one tournament series but several avids. Not sure if you are near one if so go check them out.

I've got the new catalog at work, but they still haven't updated their website yet. If I remember correctly, the Avid Series got IPC technology and maybe a few small things done to the look of it. Great rods getting even better. ;)

I don't know if anyone else uses any of their musky rods but I know in 2008 the avid series is going away totally. The cost to use the knew IPC technologies in the avid is not cost effective so they will only offer the legend tournament and the avid is being replaced by those all together. This info came straight from St.Croix sales when I asked them specifically when the new avids would come out. Curious about the new bass rods though because the avid was always a great rod and should be even better this year coming up.

I've got the new catalog at work, but they still haven't updated their website yet. If I remember correctly, the Avid Series got IPC technology and maybe a few small things done to the look of it. Great rods getting even better. ;)

I looked at the quickly but the avids looked the same as before except ipc logo on them

I dont know but i just orderd new avid blanks SCIII from St croix and they sure are in my catalog for 08 with ipc as the upgrade and the color is more of a charcoal

I was at BassPro about 2 weeks ago and they didn't have any avids in stock yet.  I might have to head up there to see if they have any in stock yet.  Are we still talking 150-170 Range?

I'm pretty sure that they all went up in price between $10-20 each.

Guest avid

I too went to the website and was disappointed to see that there was no update for the new rods.

I love St. Croix rods.

I think my Loomis rods are a little lighter and a little more sensitive than my St. Croix's but the St. Croix's have this great feel to them.

they are plenty light and sensitive enough, yet with an intangible SOMETHING that makes them feel like an extension of my arm.