Sign in to follow this  
Jeff P.

BPS Extreme EX limited edition

I was sniffing around on Ebay tonight, and I came across something I had not heard of before.  Several listings of a BPS Extreme EX "Limited Edition" series of reels (and rods apparently).  These reels are silver instead of the standard green of the regular Extreme reels.

Anyone know what's the deal with these?  They are not available online apparently, and only at selected stores.  Are they better than the regular Extreme line?

I won one of the BassMaster monthly giveaways a couple months ago.  I won a reel.  It was a BPS Pro Qualifier SE (Special Edition).  It has two more bearings than the ones in their catalogs.  I like it, extremely smooth all around, good drag.  Just thinking the Extremes have more bearings also.  How much were they going for?  I might could use a couple.

Those were possibly part of a promotional deal with BPS. I've seen a bunch of those silver, limited edition Extreme reels on Ebay for several months but have no idea where they came from.  You could try calling the BPS reel repair service center and get the skinny on those reels.