Sign in to follow this  
p-funk

Tora or Tiger Tube Tips?

Anyone been throwing these big 7" - 8" tubes with any success? Any recommendations or tips anyone have on methods to fish them?

i just bought soem myself, The pro ISH Manroe the black guy on tour used them and a white vixen from reaction inovvations, he sued them in the spawn to get close to the beds and make the bass angry since it is such a huge bait it should make a bass nerves and quicker to want to destroy it to protect its eggs or fry. Im saveign mine till next spring for the spawn but ill throw 1 out this fall to see what happpens i bought the rainbowtrout becuase it looks like a bass in so many ways you can fish it weedless or put a jig inside it and fish it on the bottom in the deep. Its a Big bass lure but can catch 2 Lb bass easily.

just found this on a web site man

Mike Long, whose 20-pound, 12-ounce Dixon Lake behemoth is only the second 20-plus-pounder so far this century, searches for big sows with giant tubes. His reigning favorite is a 7-inch Tora Tube in either bluegill or rainbow trout colors. He glues a rattle to the shank of an offset hook, then dabs just enough resin to the hook[ch65533]s head to hold the skirt. He drifts the tube in deeper water anywhere he finds an aggressive male bass guarding a nest and is frequently rewarded with a territorial sow.

there you go