Sign in to follow this  
zelmo

Sufix

Can someone explain the difference between Siege and Elite? When do you use one over the other?

Edited:

OK, I figured out that Elite is supposed to be more limp, and Siege is supposed to be more abrasion resistant.  Can anyone say that there is a noticable difference when fishing with them?

I've used and have both. It is as you thought. If you need more abrasion resistance go with siege.  If you can get away without the abrasion resistance then opt for the either.

Both have good castibility and resist memory better than any other mono I have ever tried.  There is also usually a rebate offer to take advantage of.

I have both on my reels right now.  I prefer elite on my spinning reel, because it casts the smaller, lighter lures better.  I use seige on my baitcasters cause its tougher and more abrasion resistant, but it also casts very well.

seige is the best mono ever!!!!! and elite is a close 2nd

ive had seige get coaght up in many trees before catching a large bass(or a few) and the only breaks ive ever had have been bad knots

I used both of them last season and I preferred the Seige because of the abrasion resistance.  I don't remember getting broke off once besides a flawed knot :-[.  The only reason I didn't the the elite is for the reason I liked the Seige and that is because the Elite lack abrasion resistance.

Im backing everyone else when i say USE SEIGE! Best mono EVER! Unless you are fishing open water all of the time( guessing this isnt the case since you are fishing for bass) I would always use seige.  Dont think you are losing castability with seige.  I have it on all of my reels, and it has never let me down.

Ditto for me too, but I Like the Gamma lines too but the Sufix is on some of my reels too, the Sufix and the Gamma are my two best lines that I use.