Sign in to follow this  
rondef

Has anyone purchase an All Pro rod?

I am debating about spending more than I normally would on a rod and I am considering either an All Pro rod or a KVD Quantum (from Bass Pro Shops) .  Has any one purchased an All Pro rod?  If so how do you like it?  I plan on buying a new rod in the next day or so.  

I have never had a chance to put my hand on one.  I visited their website.  All their rods are made in the USA.  They are probably on par with the other high end rods from St. Croix, G-Loomis and the USA made Kistlers.  They are priced about the same.

They are made here in TN. They are good quality, especially the APX series.

For the money though, I would go another direction.

I personally like the split handle, no foregrip designs that are out there now (Powell, Kistler, Carrot Stick, Cumara by Shimano, etc.).

These designs have taken a lot of the weight out of the rods, which I like. It's a personal choice.

Loomis' branded rods and St. Croix Avids and lower priced St Croixs use a more traditional design with the cork foregrip and one piece handle. you'll find a lot of fans of their rods here, but I like the other design features better.

SC

I am debating about spending more than I normally would on a rod and I am considering either an All Pro rod or a KVD Quantum (from Bass Pro Shops) . Has any one purchased an All Pro rod? If so how do you like it? I plan on buying a new rod in the next day or so.

Don't you sometimes wish people would confine their answers to the question that you asked instead of offering solutions that you didn't ask about. I wish I could help you out but I know nothing about the rods you mentioned.

I contacted All Pro and they seem like a really good group of people, they spoke with me for about 30 minutes and asked me about the fishing I do and then told me what models they thought would be a good fit for me. I only found one thing I didn't like, they don't make a two piece rod and I prefer a two piece rod. I thanked them and told them that i would think about it.

After I hung up I took a drive to Bass Pro Shop to check out the KVD Quantum rod unfortunately they didn't have any in stock. I did however find a BPS Tourney Special model TYS70MHS-2 7" Med Hvy Action rod. It was regular $50 so I put a reel on it and checked it out it seemed pretty sweet. I decided to buy it and took it up to the register and low and behold it was on sale for $29.50 (almost half price). What a sweet bargain it turned out to be, I almost went back and bought a second one. But I also picked up some new tackle and I figured the wife would have been ticked if I came home with two rods and the tackle so I played it safe. I do have to have money left over for a nice Valentines Day gift for her.