Sign in to follow this  
Ballpark Frank

Gonna use an Exceler tommorrow!! update

One of my kayak buds and I are hitting some streams tomorrow. He is a big Daiwa fan, so we get into the usual AG vs. Daiwa conversations. Well, he has been using a Team Daiwa Advantage A and a Viento for most of his fishing, but has been wanting a new slam around/throw in the truck reel. He bought an Exceler a couple of days ago and is ecstatic over it. I told him alot of folks on here have been talking about it, but not used one yet. He said I was welcome to try it out. So, I plan on giving it a good run through tomorrow and maybe post some opinions on it.

I have one in  left hand.  It's a pretty good reel for the price.  You'll like the swept handle & the mag braking.

Good luck & have fun....I'm still waiting for the snow & ice to melt off till I can fish.  And have to wait till May or June till I can get my kayak or pontoon boat in the water...sad.

I like the Exceler alot, especially when you consider the price. My experience with low profiles is limited to primarily Revos, so take this with a grain of salt. Sean had the reel on a G.Loomis MBR843 IMX, with 15# flouro. I used the reel for about 2 hours, and was really impressed with it. It was extremely smooth, as smooth as my Revo S and SX. I really liked the sweep handle too. To be honest, palming the Exceler felt better than my Revos. I have big hands and the small size of the Revos sometimes make my hands cramp. The Exceler was very comfortable for me with no fatique or hand cramps. The price of this reel is the best part. The only other reel in this range(non-Abu) that I liked this well was a Quantum Accurist Cx. I think I maybe starting to fall off the Abu wagon and realize there are some great reels out there by other makers. If I had had the choice between the Exceler and my Revo SX(provided I could fish them) a few months back, I would choose the Exceler. This is one great reel for not alot of bucks.

Oh yeah, we had a pretty good day once the temp got up(35 to around 60 by noon). I caught several in the 1 1/2 to 3# range with the Exceler on a Black/Blue 1/2 oz jig, and several on a Ozark color Boogee.

Great info!!  The Exceler sounds like a incredible reel in it's advertisemnets.... for $70.  Now we know it's a real bargain.