Sign in to follow this  
Mike-in-WV

It's cold out, your drifting on a river, water is green and clear...

It's early spring in late march early may, early morning, river is moving slow, water is about 15 deep in the pools with huge rocks and boulders in the bottom. River is about 75 yards wide  in most spots and less in others. Pools and small inlets with overhanging branches a few stumps and downed trees all along the river edges.

What are you going to throw at them and how are you going to fish it? Fast , slow, deep. shallow or top water?

Sound like to me you are fishing the Elk River.  If it was me I would have one thing in mind...Muskie.  I would be throwing the biggest, baddest bucktails I could find. 8-)

Sound like to me you are fishing the Elk River. If it was me I would have one thing in mind...Muskie. I would be throwing the biggest, baddest bucktails I could find. 8-)

;D Yea, the Elk and a few others around us. Someone just caught another monster Muskie out of the Elk a few weeks ago.

The big Bucktails work for about anything in there. The white seems best for some reason.

I was just trying to see what some of you guys like to use and how you like to fish them in early spring.

Stay warm! Nothing but snow and ice here in Clay and 15 out this morning, Mike