Sign in to follow this  
Ballpark Frank

Pic of Citica 100 vs. 200

Now that I have fallen in love with my Shimanos, I am thinking about another Citica. I am considering the 100 size for my G.Loomis CR723 and was wondering about the size difference between the 100 and 200. Any picture of the Citica 100 side by side the 200 would be appreciated(or Curados). Thanks

Oh yeah, any Quantum fans, keep an eye on the Classifieds. Several of my Quantums will appear.

I think with the lightweight Loomis rod, the 100 is your better bet.  I have both 100 and 200 paired up with Loomis rods and the balance and overall feel of the 100 is great.

I had two 200s and now I have a 100, but I got to say. The 100 is more comfortable in my hands. You can grip it better, and it is lighter. I would say get the 100. There is quite a bit of size difference. I sold my 200s, so I can't post a comparison pic, sorry.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I stopped by Gander this morning and compared the 2 sizes. I like the 200 better. The 100 being alot smaller was my concern, I like a larger reel than most, due to some physical issues and big hands. Ended up going to my local shop and got another 200D Citica and a Cruxis. That makes five Shimanos, and they are on my main rods. The Possee has won me over to their side.

I think my hands are considered big, and I like the 100 better, but I guess its all about personal preference.

Hahahaha from that last angle its pretty hard to tell.