Sign in to follow this  
ABC123

New to me products...reviewed

I have plenty of time in with my Loomis crankbait rods. I'm sorry to say that anyone that thinks that they are not the best rods for cranks and topwater lures is just flat out wrong....IMHO. I have the 781 and the 845, both spooled with Sufix braid. I have ran cranks, and played with topwater lures in the pond (season was not open yet to fish lakes), best action out of topwater lures ever.

Sufix braid is smoother than Stren Superbraid, holds up better than PP, and is more manageable on the spool than Spidewire Stealth. My new go to braid, but I still don't have a problem with Stren or Spiderwire.

Yo-zuri. I tore off the regular hybrid becouse it kept snaping on me. Not impressed. While the Ultra soft is not as manageable as tough mono, I haven't had any complaints with it...yet.

I have a couple other new products still in the testing stage, anyone else try new products this year????

Thanks ABC123 for the update I all so like Sufix braid a lot. As for Loomis my wife dislikes the bait monkey now mybe someday. How are the lower end Loomis rods say compared to a St. Croix Avid rods? :-/

I Have 3 lower end rods in the 130-160 price range A crucial,avid, techna av and gl2

Personally I like the crucial the best easily. The avid with a not too far second, techna av third and the gl2 with a far away last place I would say it is less sensitive then a compre, but way stronger rod, I've fought musky with the gl2 no problem :)

Thanks ABC123 for the update I all so like Sufix braid a lot. As for Loomis my wife dislikes the bait monkey now mybe someday. How are the lower end Loomis rods say compared to a St. Croix Avid rods? :-/

I don't know. I have 2 crankbait rods, 4 IMX rods, 2 GLX rods, and a Walleye rod. I think the Walleye rod may be on par with the GL3's, but it does work well for the lower price compared to $50+ higher priced IMX rods. I know the Avids are nice rods, but they are not quite up to IMX's, they are slightly more bulky IMO.