Sign in to follow this  
fishbear

Wiggle Warts anyone????

I was a big time salmon fisherman when I lived in the Pacific Northwest.  I was going thru my tackle boxes over the weekend, and realized I have about 20 Magnum Wiggle Warts by Storm Lures.  I was wondering what everyone thought of them as bass lures?  They give off the same side to side wiggling action as "bass lures" do, and they dive to like 10 -12 ft, and they have great hooks, and come in a wide variety of colors....

I was just thinking,, I have about another 300.00 worth of bass lures if they work..  :-? :-?

Anyone out there think they won't work????  

http://www.stormlures.com/products/index.cfm?type=hard_lureshttp://www.stormlures.com/products/index.cfm?type=hard_lures

I'm a big fan of wiggle warts, the regular sized ones, don't have any Mags. I doubt there is much of a difference. But yea, I'v had excellent luck with them on smallies. I don't see why they wouldn't work for largies. The trick for me with any crank has always been to run it into what ever cover you are fishing, be it weeds, wood, rock, or just the bottom.  Love fishing cranks in weeds. Run the lure down into the weeds, pause with a little slack, jiggle, rip, repeat.

Guest avid

I use wiggle warts including the mags.  They are great bass lures.  Wide wobble and alot of vibration, great for when the water is stained or in low light conditions.

My first bass of 05 was caught on a Storm wiggle wart.  Supposedly they are a good lure for lots of different fish.  I know a few guys around here who swear by wiggle warts for walleye.

As I understand it the Storm lures made in the USA work and are made better than the ones made over seas so if you have ones made in the USA I would use them if not sell them on Ebay.

I use Mag Warts in the summertime,at night,especially when the fish are up on the points.They are real easy for the fish to locate.

I really like wigglr warts in pre-spawn when the water is around 60-65, and too stained for jerkbaits. I use crawfish colors around rocks and wood. Also, I use suspend strips to make them rise really slow, esp. in colder water.

Wow, did not think I would get this big of a response..... never read anyone mentioning them before this, so I figured no one used them.....  Well, I guess they are going in the tackle box, see if I cant catch a fish on em .... Heck, I have one in almost every color made, and several of some colors,,, cant wait now, ..

I don't use the Mags very often but I've got quite an extensive selection of Pre-Rapala Wiggle warts.  Great pre-spawn bait.