Sign in to follow this  
southwestoh

bass pro extreme series combos

hello Im new to this forum and i absolutly LOVE IT.  But anyways my question is Bass Pro sells there extreme combos on sale for $100.00,  are they worth it?  Heres my problem, I normally use a johny morris signiture baitcaster that is by far the best bait caster I have ever used.  Now that I'm trying to add to my arsenal of specialized rod and reel combos am I gonna be real disapointed that these reels dont perform the same.  Or will I not notice a big differance?  My plane is to buy this series to build my arsenal then as time goes I will upgrade my equipment to the best that I can afford. I just want to make sure I'm picking the RIGHT combo series to attempt this with. Like I said earlier this the BEST forum I have seen.  I have learned so much just from reading.  THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

I've neber had or used a Johnny Morris reel so I can't say what the comparison will be like.  However, I have several Extreme rods and reels and have been very satisfied with their performance, especially considering the reasonable cost.

The Extreme combos are the best value around. I fish roughly 3 days a week from Jan. through Oct. and many times more than that. I have the bc and the spinning combos (at one point I had 11 but some were stolen) and they have never failed me...bass, hybrids, stripers, cats and even bull redfish.

Now, I wouldn't expect them to be quite as good as the Johnny Morris gear but very good non the less. I have tried lots of high quality(expensive) rod and reels, I keep coming back to the Extremes.