I'm looking for a new pole. The two I currently have and use with my baitcasting reel are a Lamiglas Competitor 7' 5 power (MH i guess?) and a  Quantom Tour Edition 7' MH.  They are both good rods but they have pistol grips and it drives me nuts. So I'm looking for a new rod, nothing too expensive, around the price of these other ones, (i think aorund 50ish) anyone have any recommendations?

Depending on the rod, either one or two fingers in front of the trigger. When I was in TX I used a spare rod with my reel and it had no trigger and felt so much better and i had better control over the spool. I didnt realize all the rods had triggers, I have no idea what brand rod I was using. Guess im stuck with triggers!

I'm just trying to understand.  I can honestly say that I have never heard anyone mention that the trigger bothered their hand that much.

Hmm the only thing I can figure out is my baitcasting reel is left handed because I dont like casting with one arm and then switching hands, so my rod is ALWAYS in that hand. But the weight feels off. Like when I hold the rod the balance is all forward and i'm constantly straining my wrist to hold it up, but when I used this other pole without a trigger i could get my hand underneath the reel more and the balance felt fine.

I have currently have a Pflueger Trion LPL, on a Quantum HSX54 7' MH. If I put 2 fingers infront of the trigger instead of 1 it feels better but still not as good as Id like

I tried that, but I have small hands and that puts my thumb over the side of the reel and makes it very hard to hit the release.

Where should the trigger line up with the reel? My trigger is about flush with the closest end of the reel, maybe even a very small gap, could that be the problem?

When casting, have only 1 finger ahead of the trigger, at the end of the cast, put a second or a third finge ahead of the trigger before retrieval.  See how that goes.

Alright, cant try it tonight but I'll go in the yard tomorrow and try it. Thanks for the tips.

Just for curiosity, do most triggers line up with the reel like that? Or is mine set more forward than most (ie would the trigger usually be more underneath the reel)

Hmm the only thing I can figure out is my baitcasting reel is left handed because I dont like casting with one arm and then switching hands, so my rod is ALWAYS in that hand. But the weight feels off. Like when I hold the rod the balance is all forward and i'm constantly straining my wrist to hold it up, but when I used this other pole without a trigger i could get my hand underneath the reel more and the balance felt fine.

I Just got two BPS Extreme XPS rods (currently on sale for $70). They are compatible with the BPS rod balance weight kit. I got both of them balanced to my taste using the weight kit and now they feel awesome. The counterbalance of the weights in the butt of the rods really makes a huge difference. You should try out this system or a similar system if you are having trouble with your rods being "tip heavy".

I Just got two BPS Extreme XPS rods (currently on sale for $70).  They are compatible with the BPS rod balance weight kit.  I got both of them balanced to my taste using the weight kit and now they feel awesome.  The counterbalance of the weights in the butt of the rods really makes a huge difference.  You should try out this system or a similar system if you are having trouble with your rods being "tip heavy".

Thanks! if i ever get that much money ill try it out!

The only way you'll find a rod without a trigger...will be if you use a spinning rod.