Sign in to follow this  
.dsaavedra.

Symetre 750

is the 750 size spinning reel pretty much an ultralight? i havent seen it in comparison with other reels.

my friend was looking for a nice ultralight reel to go with a st. croix ultralight rod, and i might show this to him.

thanks.

The 750 is an considered ultra light in Shimano's line up.   It is small and is very good for 60 bucks.

But a true Ultralight and the best UL Reel IMO is the TICA SB500

I love that reel on my UL St. Croix.  Light as a feather and is very very nice setup.  I have caught trout up to 4lbs on it and it held up very nice.... check that one out.  

I just bought a Sahara 750, which has one bearing less than the Symetre 750. I love the little Sahara, it is a great panfish and trout reel. I have it mounted on a St.Croix 6' light action rod. My daughter and I beat up the bluegills and sunfish with it yesterday. Be aware that the Symetre 750 is not an aluminum frame like the larger size Symetres. Other than the bearings(Symetre 5, Sahara 4) and colors, the Symetre and Sahara 750s are the same reel.

I have both sahara and symetere 750. If you open a few boxes of saharas and spin them, you might find one as smooth as the symetre. I use both for UL applications 2-4lb test.