Sign in to follow this  
booneangler

Another Carrot Stick????????

Ok can some one please clarify this up. I keep hearing people talk about this being a finese rod? Well i thought these was Cranking Rods. But i watched A Day On The Lake and Boyd Ducket was using it throwing a Jig and then i just seen on Bassmasters that Starks was using one to throw a worm on. What is the deal is this a Finese rod to? Are they that sinsitive i mean i have a Cumara and love it im just wondering if i get a Carrot Stick for a finese rod am i going to like it? So can someone please clarify on this subject.

There's more than one model available. I personally have the 6'9" MH casting, and 6'7" M spinning.

carrots-1.jpg

well i realize therer are difernt models available but i heard these rods were not for texas rigs and jigs.

Umm.....ohhhhhkay....

well i realize therer are difernt models available but i heard these rods were not for texas rigs and jigs.

Umm.....ohhhhhkay....

I think you heard wrong.

Most people are misinformed(is that a word) about the Carrot Stix being only for cranks. I think this comes from when they were first introduced, the parabolic was the only one most dealers had available.

I am not quite sure about your question but i think theres something your missing here. A rod company will offer a range of different actions and different powers so that the consumer can buy the type of rod they need for a certain application. If these carrot stix come in a 6'9'' Parabolic, and you like to fish cranks with a rod that has a Parabolic bend, then that is the rod you need. If you need a rod to flip plastics or jigs in to heavy cover then buy the 7'6 Heavy/Fast. Get what im saying?

Carrot Stix > Cumara

The difference in sensitivity is amazing.

Did you get a bad cumara or what Everyone i have ever heard review both rods agreed the cumara was more sensitive. The_Natural said the carrot sensitivity is mid-range and the avid is more sensitive. i have crucials and avids and the crucials are comparable to the avid in sensitivity and ther cumara is more sensitive than the crucial