Sign in to follow this  
skillet

Crucial

The infernal whispering of Ol' Banana Breath finally wore me down (and the rebate from Shimano didn't hurt things either :))! BPS got a new shipment of Shimano rods in. I got a 6'6" M with Ef tip for 3/16 - 5/16 (maybe 3/8) t-rigs and jigs. Haven't gotten on the water with it yet but wore out my front yard ;D with it today. It's GREAT!!! First really nice rod I've ever owned. Glad I finally listened to the homewrecker...

As Ever,

skillet

Trust me, you will be VERY happy with that rod  8-).

congrats man.  those are real nice rods.  i just bought 3 of those beautiful orange rods myself so i can sympathize.   bait monkey said he'd leave me alone for a while if i referred him to one of my friends.  sorry, but i had no choice.   i need grocery money. ;D

hawg caller (you smelly piece of 2 day old cut bait ;D), I really have to say THANK YOU. Have been wanting that rod for quite a while now. Been saving my nickles and dimes (and rebate) for quite a while. I figure what Momma don't know, won't come back to bite me on the butt :). That reminds me of what one of the members had in his sig. "My one biggest fear is if something happens to me, my wife will sell my gear for what I TOLD her it was worth" ...

As Ever,

skillet

BTW Thanks Jake_P!!!

I love these rods.  I have 3 now and there is the possibility of more in the future.  If a person needs a rod that is more sensitive than these are, I think they have a weak sense of feel.  These rods feel "hyper-sensitive" to me, almost too sensitive.  They remind me of my first experience with braid.  

I just bought a 7' mh extra fast from Cabela's. The reason I went with the crucial over St Croix, Carrot Stix and Some of the comparable price range is that Cabela's treats them as their own on warranty issues and will trade them out in store. No shipping, no waiting. BTW I love the rod. Its been in my hand 90% of the time.

I would like to know about the rebate. I gave $139.00 at Cabela's.

GO BIG RED

The infernal whispering of Ol' Banana Breath finally wore me down (and the rebate from Shimano didn't hurt things either :))! BPS got a new shipment of Shimano rods in. I got a 6'6" M with Ef tip for 3/16 - 5/16 (maybe 3/8) t-rigs and jigs. Haven't gotten on the water with it yet but wore out my front yard ;D with it today. It's GREAT!!! First really nice rod I've ever owned. Glad I finally listened to the homewrecker...

As Ever,

skillet

Skillet,

I would be interested in hearing more on this rebate as well-any details you can share?

FD

I think he means the money from the rebate on Shimano reels that was going on up until awhile ago.

Thanks, The Jake, for trying to take up my slack. I apologize for getting ya'lls bowels in an uproar !!! I should have worded it better :-[. The Jake is right. There were several posts about the rebates from Shimano reels. Who had got theirs and those that hadn't I had mentioned on one of them about saving mine for a Crucial. I just wrent off from there not thinking about the confusion it might cause with other members :). Can't undo the mess but I'll try and be more clear from now on. Tell Glenn I'll take a voluntary demotion back to Newbie :'(...

Really :-[,

skillet