Sign in to follow this  
njbasser

Hows my gear

im 15 years old and recently started to get serious about bass fishing. So far, i have a couple setups, but i would like some recomendations for my next setup. Currently i have:

- Citica 201D w/ a Cabelas XMLTi Worm/Jig Rod for soft plastics

- Daiwa Procaster Special Edition on a Avid 7' Medium Cranking Rod for all treble hook baits (the procaster is the green one that was for sale at Cabelas about 1 1/2 years ago w/ 9 bearings)

- Shimano Sahara on a 7' Medium St Croix Premier Rod for Finesse

- Penn 420 SSg w/ a UL Ugly Stik just for fun :D

- I recently purchased a Quantum Tour Edition PT in the burner model to use it for lipless cranks and burning spinner/buzzbaits. The only rod i have for it now is a Shimano Convergence 6' 6" Medium so i guess thatll have to do until i get the money for a nicer rod

Again, just looking for opinions to see if im headed in the right direction. Any recomendations for a nice spinnerbait rod would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance ;D

For a new rod I would recommend a Falcon Lowrider or a Fenwick Elite Tech. I own both and both are very good rods and I have never heard anything bad about them

Nothing wrong with a Convergence for a spinnerbait rod.  Don't need a expensive, hyper-sensitive rod for spinnerbaits.  I would prefer MH though.  A 6'6" Medium makes for a decent trap rod.  

You are set up pretty good right now in my opinion.

I agree with Jeff H, the Convergence is a good enough choice for a Spinnerbait rod.

Your gear is better than what I had at 15  :D All I had way back then was an Ugly Stick paired with a Mitchell 300 and a Ugly Stick light paired with a Penn reel.

you have a lot better stuff than I ever had at your age. Heck most of if was not even made when I was your age. LOL. One sugestion would be to upgrade one or two casting rods to a medium heavy instead of the medium. JMO.