Sign in to follow this  
NitroMan

Ugly Stiks... Mine broke and Who do I talk to???

I recently broke an ugly stick on a nice bass... Yeah I know they are supposed to be unbreakable. But I honestly broke mine on a fish. It is a 7' 2 peice lite pole. I bougt it at a Gander Mountain near my house but when I went to return it to them they refused to take it back and said I would have to contact Shakespeare. Well I have e-mailed them quite a few times... NO RESPONSES... Big Suprise but they guarantee their product right??? So why no response.

So if anyone knows who I should contact that could help me out a little bit more please post it here. I hate getting the "run around" on ANYTHING but here I go again haha

Thanks!!!!

Yes I have called that number also! No one seems to care! They just put me on hold and I waited and finally I was told someone will call call me then they hung up. >:D It is very frustrating to me. Yea I have many other poles but I truely liked that one. Maybe one day I'll get my new ugly stik for free hahaha but I doubt it.

7yr  warrantee my a** ;D >:) >;)

Call back to the company.  I am sure that you were disconnected by accident.

If that telephone number fails, then look up the company's main phone number on the web and invest in a phone call to the president's office. That may produce some action.

If calling fails, write a letter to the president of the company.  That usually gets some results.  You can find out the names of the executives in the local library.  Tell the libraian what you want and they can help you find it.

Yikes! A bass fisherman in a library. With real books, too.  ;D

I am sure Shakespear would like to know how in the world you broke an Ugly Stick.  You just do not break an Ugly Stick. It is impossible to break an Ugly Stick other than closing the car door on it or rolling up the rear window and snaping off the tip.

So good luck on contacting the company and congratulations on breaking your Ugly Stick. That is some accomplishment.

Wow you broke an Ugly Stick?!? What kind of break was it? I have only seen an Ugly Stick broken twice never while fishing though. The first was a broken tip beacuse it was stepped on. The second was my friend broke his two piece Ugly Stick trying to bend it tip to butt like in the ad's. It broke right at the part the two pieces joined.

Man I can't believe that they wouldn't want to honor their warranty on such a fine rod.

Way to go, I've only ever heard of one other person breaking an ugly stick, but he got it caught in his garage door.  LOL! The way I look at it, is your only out what $25-30.  I would be mad if my carrot stix broke and E21 did nothing about it, but for an ugly stick I would just suck it up and take the loss.