Sign in to follow this  
Big Tom

So I am looking for a Hoss of a flipping stick...

that I would also use for Carolina rigging.

The rod I am looking at right now is a Quantum Tour Edition PT 7'4" Heavy X- Fast Flippin' stick. I was able to play with this exact rod earlier this year at a Ranger dealership where Mike Wurm was giving a seminar. His was this exact rod and it felt to be of high quality.

I know a bunch of the Elite Series guys use these but they also get theirs for free. What I am most concerned about is the sensitivity. A lot of people say that rods lose a lot of sensitivity as they get thicker.

Any suggestions for other rods (I really want the 7' 4" length) or positive or negative experiences with this rod?

Thanks a bunch.

I've got a buddy that uses the older Kistler Helium LTA Ex-Heavy Fast action flippin' stick.  According to him, it's a beef stick and super light as all Kistlers are. (I have two)  They are very sensitive rods but will cost you a little more.  The Magnesium series rods are also nice but cheaper.

Thanks, I will look at them too.  Price isn't really much of an issue as long as it reasonable (probably 250 - 280 max).

I have found the Tour Rods on ebay for 110 shipped so I am leaning toward that route.

I have a Kistler helium rod and love it.

Strong, but light for such a powerful rod.

Fish it Carolina and for Pitching and Flipping plus any deep diving crankbaits on lakes.

May I suggest you stick to the name brands and you can't go wrong.

I got a 7' 9'' xh carrot stick which ill be using fror flipping and pitching should be good.