Sign in to follow this  
eddieinva

Advice on Rods

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the forum-

I just picked up a new shimano sustain 2500..  

To my surprise, reels have gone up quite a bit since last I bought (shimano spheros)..

Now i've gone from Saltwater to Freshwater.. So i need a whole new setup..  Fishing primarly for different types of bass..

I was looking at a loomis 6 6 imx or st croix 6 6..  leaning toward the st croix (my other rods are st croixs and love the feel..)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. Also I don't yet have a boat, so I'm stuck on the bank for now..  hence the 6 6 isntead of 7...  

I don't know.. so lost.. talked to 2 guys from DSG and they are recommending the croix 6 6..  

Dont think you can go wrong with any of them.  Personal preference has a lot to do with rod choice.  If you like St. Croix, then I would stick with them.

Me, I am not married to a rod manufacturer, (at least not for bass fishing) but when it comes to reels, I will always prefer Abu Garcia if I can get them at a good price.

I don't think you will go wrong with the St Croix either.  The loomis is nice but for the price the St Croix's are a better value.  I have a Symetre 2000 on a 6' Light that is my Smallmouth rod and LOVE IT!  I can say the same for a Symtre 750 on a 5' St Croix that I been using for trout this year.