Sign in to follow this  
moby bass

Pflueger on clearance

I was just visiting my local Dick's and I saw a Pflueger baitcasting reel  there, on clearance and an additional 25% off that.  I cannot remember the model, started with an "E" I believe, but the reel was was all chrome, no paint and was a 7 bearing reel.  Seemed very smooth, quiet and sturdy, although line capacity wasn't that great.  I could always switch a few reels around to match the line and rod so that wasn't an issue.  This might have been a Dick's exclusive item or something discontinued.  Regular price was listed at 79.99. Final price would have been $41 and change.  Didn't buy it but I'm thinking about. Wanted to do some research first. Anybody know anything about this or have one?  

well based upon the original price, the color and the number of bearings I would say it is a purist, but I don't know for sure. It definately could be a dicks exclusive, but the only way to find out is to go back and check it out more. If it is the purist, then that sounds like a steal to me, but I have never used pflueger reels.

Thanks, since you got me started in the right direction, it probably is the Purist. Finish is different, name is different. It probably is a reel made for Dick's.  Not sure if the quality is the same as the Purist but it seemed like a nice reel for the money.

I think you are talking about the Pflueger Echelon.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2248720

I never buy anything at full price at Dick's. I always wait for the sale on their already reduced price. My Daiwa Capricorn lists online price of $139.99 Dick's has it at a reduced price of $79.99 and I got it on sale for $59.99. Same thing with my Daiwa Samurai back up combo, list price $39.99, reduced price $29.99 got it on sale for $19.99

If you wait around long enough the exclusive stuff always goes on sale.

No definitely isn't the Echelon because there is no brake adjustment dial

on the outside. They do have the Capricorns on sale for the price you mentioned.  I initially was considering that when I saw the Pflueger.  Do

you like the Capricorn and is it baitcast or spinning?

I have the spinning Capricorn and it is one of my favorite reels. I saw the reel on sale last week at Dick's here in upstate NY for $59.99 same price I payed for it last year. They change their sale items every week so I can't promise it is at that price this week.

Check out the Capricorn combos while you are there. They sell the Capricorn paired with a St. Croix Triumph for $130.00 discount price, on sale every so often for $119.00! Same price Spinning or Baitcaster.

You got me stumped on what reel you saw. The only other Pflueger reel I know they carry is the Criterion but thats not all crome. Could it be The Quantum Escalade you saw?