Sign in to follow this  
joeyd50

Braid ?

I know this topic has probably been discussed, but with all the braids, Spiderwire Stealth, Spiderwire Ultracast, Stren Super Braid, Tuff Line Plus, I was wondering what you guys like best and why, I'm currently using 40lb Power Pro for frog fishing in slop and 17lb Crystal for jigs.

Thanks

Joe

Just starting using braid - Suffix Performance Braid.  Casted poorly originally but must've been something I did because after taking the line off an putting it back on it casts like a dream.  Using the 30lb, which is about the thickness of 8lb mono.  Not only have I not lost a lure (I'm a shore fisherman) I've gained one RatL Trap and a Buzzbait  from hauling in sunken branches - you can't break the stuff.  I've heard issues with knot strengthl but have not had a problem, knots seem to tie well and hold strong.  

I've heard issues with knot strengthl but have not had a problem, knots seem to tie well and hold strong.

I been tying a Palomar, has not come undone yet. What are you tying?

Thanks

Joe

So far, have not had a problem using the improved clinch, although I think the Palomar tested better,  

Improved clinch for me and not have an issue as of yet.   I've been been pretty fearless with the stuff over the last two days and it's just holds.   I have to think the knot will hold no problem under normal fishing conditions.  I'm having trouble cutting the line with clippers, need to bring a knife the next time out.

I don't have any complaints about what I'm using, just looking for opinions. This Sufix sounds pretty good and also heard a lot of good things about Tuff Line XP on BPS forum. A little pair of scissor will cut the braid.

Thanks

Joe