Sign in to follow this  
Ben W

New Equipment!!!

Well, I go up to northern Wisconsin a week from this saturday for a week, and I needed to get some new equipment. No reels, but it was a new pole I needed. I went to Walmart and got a 6' Medium-Heavy Berkeley Lightning rod, which was recommended by you guys, for my Shakespeare Cirrus spinning reel. I then picked up some Berkeley 10# test Fireline, because I feel that's one of the best lines out there. Also picked up some Gamakatsu hooks for my senkos and dingers ;) Anyway, when I got home, I switched my reel off the 5'6" Johnson Citation and put it on the Lightning. Then, as directed by Fireline packet, I filled 1/3 of the spool with regular mono line, (Berkeley Triline) and then did a uni knot to connect the fireline with it. (Pretty fun to tie and cool to watch outcome like it shows on the packet :)) After, I tied a swivel on with a Palomer knot and then set it aside. As for the Johnson Citation, I rigged up my cheap old Shakespeare Alpha baitcaster and filled it with the rest of the Triline. I'll use that for the heavier baits like frogs and crankbaits. Do you think I did everything fine, or were there some no no's in there? Don't be shy, I need to learn this stuff  ;D

Thanks,

Ben

Not only did you do everything correctly but you could be a pro with that setup.  ;D

Haha, i just have to find a tournament to get into!

A 6 and a half foot rod would been better and for alittle more money i think you could of got the clarus or convergence which are better rods

You are ready!  Time to let the fish do the worryin' now!