Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Quantum Energy PT Baitcast Rod

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98396_100002006_100000000_100002000_100-2-6

had the local BPS store order the 6'6" MH baitcast rod.  I read the reveiws on them in the rod section of BPS.  

I've been in need of a slightly shorter MH rod & wanted one that was split grip.  I went to the store today to check out the rod & it was quite nice.  Not sure how the rod blank compares to say an IM 8 or IM 9, but it does feel balanced.  The split grip is shorter than other split grip rods as in the handle doesn't seem as long.  Also the exposed blank on the handle secion is shorter.  Guides are Fuji Hardloy & has a Fuji ECS reel seat.

Any of you guys own any of the Energy PT rods, this years model w/ the split grip?  If so, how do you like it?  I'll be trying this out during the week.  I also have a 6'6" MH spinning rod version on hold, not sure if I'll be picking this up.  To me the specs seems similar to the Shimano Compre rods, & right there in the price range too.

yeah i have on, the 6'6 mh. i love it, i throw shallow cranks and lipless cranks on it, great rod, sensitive enough to throw worms and jigs on

I recently picked up two of these rods off eBay for $70 each, a 6'M and a 7'M.  The shorter one is perfect for topwater poppers and Spooks from my kayak.  I really needed the shorter rod and shorter grip for working these baits while sitting so close to the surface of the water, and it works like a champ.  I use the 7' for some light to med cranking (though I still want to get a more modearate action rod for dedicated cranking) and tossing other lighter weight baits, such as weightless plastics.  They are great rods for the price, with Fuji components and quality cork handles.  The black blanks and silver wraps look very slick.  I could do without the fore grip, but it doesn't really bother me all that much, especially not at half the price of my rods that don't have a fore grip (Carrot and Powell).