Sign in to follow this  
The_Natural

Daiwa= Michael Jordan

"Like Mike...I want to be like Mike"....  Anyone remember those commercials ;)

Daiwa Sol/Alphas Circa 2003

TDSOL-sd.JPG

Abu Revo series...

s7_122374_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

i121537sn02.jpg

Pflueger

s7_121538_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

asaro_lp_baitcast_reel.jpg

patriarch_lp_baitcast_reel.jpg

How about Quantum's entire lineup...

picicast2008reelsquantum18.jpg

picicast2008reelsquantum19.jpg

picicast2008reelsquantum23.jpg

I think Shimano is the only Manufacturer that has a product line that actually differentiates itself and sticks to their own designs.

Can't say that I didn't notice the similarities between the Daiwa reels and the Revo's when the Revo's first hit the market a couple of years ago.

Can't say that I didn't notice the similarities between the Daiwa reels and the Revo's when the Revo's first hit the market a couple of years ago.

You and everyone else, but it's just crazy when you put all of the reels next to the alphas/sol.  

Here is the old Michael Jordan commercial for those that don't remember it...

*Warning...clicking on this link will likely get this jingle stuck in your head for at least 24hrs*

Being a huge Daiwa fan even I have to admit that Shimano produces some beautiful and unique reels.

Take this for instance, this IMHO is a work of art. That's about enough of that for one day... :;)

Shimano_AntaresDC7.jpg

I saw you drooling over my Shimano's last month.

Then again, you probably saw me soil myself when I fished that Steez.   :-[

You and everyone else, but it's just crazy when you put all of the reels next to the alphas/sol.

*Warning...clicking on this link will likely get this jingle stuck in your head for at least 24hrs*

Glass bottles, classic.  I remember the summer that Jordan's Citrus Cooler flavor came out.  For three straight months my allowance went to Gatorade, baseball cards, pellets for my gun, and fireworks.

Glass bottles, classic.  I remember the summer that Jordan's Citrus Cooler flavor came out.  For three straight months my allowance went to Gatorade, baseball cards, pellets for my gun, and fireworks.

That's classic; the three most important things in a 10yr old's life... bb guns, baseball cards, and fireworks.  My mom said I ruined 3 vacuum cleaners from her vacuuming up bb's  ;)

One should never grow out of the shooting fun afforded by BB guns.  

The Revo's are sure nice reels, no matter their poposed lack of originality.  I don't care who copies who as long as I get a quality product.

One should never grow out of the shooting fun afforded by BB guns.  

The Revo's are sure nice reels, no matter their poposed lack of originality.  I don't care who copies who as long as I get a quality product.

Don't think I haven't seriously thought about a bb gun as of late...primarily because of the Drozd.  As a kid, a full auto bb gun was only in my dreams.  I guess I could fulfill it as an adult.  The new Drozd blackbird is like the original, but holds 3 co2 cartridges and has a 400rd bb hopper instead of only a 30rd clip.  Me likey!

http://www.airgundepot.com/eaa-drozd-kit.html

That's hilarious Natural, the vacuums and all.  Your poor mother.

The Sol/Alphas frame is everywhere.  Then there's the Zillion knockoff, aka Quantum's KVD Signature Series Baitcast Reel.