Sign in to follow this  
WIII-60

revo winch

I just ordered one and it should ship out tomorrow. I'll post with first impressions and other stuff when it comes in.

I'm pretty psyched about this one.

Just got it in, I haven't used it yet but here's some first impressions:

The reel is a deep dark blue. It's lightweight and is super-smooth. The brake has a gratifying "click" as you dial it in, just like the other revo's. Similar to the SX's for example.

I've got it paired up with a crankin stick, that's what I prefer, and it looks really good as a combo.

Overall, it's pretty much a revo with a bigger handle and some subtle style differences. The "revo winch" printed on the side looks really good also. I can't comment on the performance yet, but I would assume that just like any other revo I'll be using this one for a long time to come.

I was thinking about getting the same reel . Did you get the high speed ?  When you go out to wet a line try throwing a weightless senko and let me know how it throws . I like that color blue . have a good one

MdBass- The Winch only comes in the 5.4 ratio designed mainly for cranking and also throwing swimbaits, Hence the name Winch.  You can get the other REVO's in the high speed gearing though. (They are pretty similiar to the REVO Winch)

A month ago I saved a lot of money by ordering the 5:4 gears from Abu and putting them on one of the Revo SC that I got for cheep last year.

Reel - $60

Gears - $25

= one great $85 crankin reel.

If anyone is interested in doing this I might be able to dig up the part numbers and the phone number for ya.