Sign in to follow this  
dantatro49

Does anyone have a Powell Rod?

I am thinking about buying a Powell rod and I dont know to much about them so I want to see what other people think of them before I buy one

i just received mine.  it is a 6'8" heavy EF.  it is light and balances well.  i cast it a few times in a pond just to test it out.  it is pretty sensitive.   overall for $140 i really like it

I was able to fish with a buddies Powell Max rod on Saturday.  It was a MH with a fast tip.  It was very very light, and sensitive.  I would seriously give Powell rods a look, when buying a new rod.

Tackle Tour performed an evaluation of Powell rods about a year or so ago.  Rated them very well.

I bought mine for 200, and it was a great buy then. Now at 170, they are a even better buy. Sensitive, light, great action. I only own a 765 right now, but I am gonna be buying more.

I think Powell Rods are a great rod. They were designed by Gary Dobyns and will preform well. Dobyns Rods are Gary's new company and he did a great job on them as well. I would recomend Dobyns rods most any day because that's all I fish but you won't go wrong with Powell either.

Powell screwed their dealers with that price drop though. All Powell did was decrease the retail price. The dealers are still paying the same amount for the rods but making less profit. Stores are droping them left and right.