Sign in to follow this  
IDbasser

Acadia sports fishing rods....anyone familiar?

I got an ad in the mail today from acadia sports about a deal on their fishing rods they are doing. Has anyone heard of them? Has anyone used their rods before? I was thinking about trying one out, tell me what you guys think. here is a link:

http://www.acadiasports.com/rods.asp?ru=0&v=&f=r#RFSeries

I bought 2 and got 2 free. they are okay..Nothing special

They have two grades of rods I bought one in 7 foot in each grade.

The Premier rods (to get the action I wanted) came in two pieces, so I glued them together with Devon 5 minute epoxy.

They compared them to the St.Croix rod. so I held the matching St. Croix and their Premier rod in hand and placed tips on a chair, both bends looked the same.

My opinion is that their cheaper rod compares to the Berkley, except it has better guides than the Berkley. and it has a much larger diameter at the base.

The Premier model is a much slimmer rod, and the difference in price shows up in the overall feel of it.

I wasn't disappointed in my purchases.

I selected Identical rods on the freebies as I gave one to a family member, he fishes with it regularly and seems to like it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I am thinking about getting a couple.  I plan on getting 7 footers in baitcasting and spinning

I bought a couple of their "P" series spinning rods a couple years ago. They are a pretty decent rod for the money. They are pretty light and pretty sensitive for the money. The one thing I noticed about them, not neccesarily a bad thing I guess; two identical rods are not identical. The guide spacing on them vary about 3/4" between the two. They both fish about the same though. I don't regrete buying them but they aren't my "go to" rods.

Thanks for the input, it does help me make up my mind.