Sign in to follow this  
kbkindle

curado e series    e5 and e7   (2008)*****

here is what they said about the price of e-5 or e-7  from all american outdoors   there price  is    $149.00    + $12.50 shipping  and another 2.50 for handling  =$164.00

It does NOT cost 15.00 to ship an 8 oz. item.

It would be nice if the reel & box weighed 8 oz.  By the time you box it up with appropriate filler, it's closer to a pound.

I've shipped a lot of reels lately, average cost via USPS Priority is $6.  Add in the cost of the box, tape, gas to PO, etc. and you've got another $2-3.

That said, the $15 shipping charge is a way of making a bit more $$.  They're selling those reels at less than 15% over wholesale.

Makes sense...the lower price probably gets a lot more people to pull the trigger. Ebay used to be terrible for people charging terrible shipping rates. I am sure some people got royally screwed like that.

I am still wondering how tackle warehouse is making any money off of their rods.  With free shipping I don't see how they do it.

Ive ordered 2 rods and some reels from them. They handled everything well and everything arrived on time. I would definately buy from them again.