Sign in to follow this  
snapper G

Pflueger Summit Casting Reels?

They're nice reels...very lightweight, probably due to a lot of plastic/graphite parts, but still smooth.  I like the easily adjustable magnetic cast control on the side.  Looks nice too.  I got mine three or four months ago for just over a $100 on eBay, brand new.  I don't pay retail for anything, if I can help it.

I have one, it's a really good little reel. The frame and crank side cover are aluminum but it's still super lightweight. If you're looking for a quality small-framed reel, I would highly recommend it. As far as the retail price, I'm kind of like Bassyak, I try not to pay retail for anything if I can help it. I got mine at Bass Pro with a coupon and cashed in my rewards points and got it for about $120.

The Summit is nice. You wouldn't be disappointed with that reel.

But, if you're going to be saving, check out the Patriarch too. It's not as small as the "micro" sized Summit, but when you hold both in your hands at the same time, you might decide it's worth your while to save the additional $30.

It is a nice reel, but in the fall catalog for BPS they have the Johnny Morris Signature BC for $149.00 which is an awesome reel and is $20 cheaper.

Later and just my .02, :D