Sign in to follow this  
SHIMANOFAN

Round Reel for Swimbaits.

Looking to get some new round reels for chunking swimbaits. I like the round reels as they hold more/heavier line. I have been using 2 Cardiff 300's and have no complaints but they are pretty well shot after several years of abuse and neglect. Anyway been looking at the Okuma Indurons and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what they think of them. Also open to suggestions so feel free.

I like the Abu Garcia C3 and C4 models. I've thrown Muskie baits for years with these reels and they have never failed me........they're bullet proof. Just normal cleaning and lubing and they'll be yours "For Life".

Falcon

mechanically the indurons have held up fine after a couple of years for me.  Mine needs a clean/lube tho its been making noise but great reel for the price.  Not the smoothest but again the price.

I would just get it serviced by shimano if I were you. They will make it like new.

But if you want to get a newer better reel then I would highly suggest considering the shimano calcutta te. You dont have to buy new because they are pretty expensive. Try to get a used one. I recently got one used and compare to the cardiff, its heavier but the retrieve is sooo smooth that I dont even care. It has a lot more power because of the HEG and it makes a big difference w/ moving baits.

I would just get it serviced by shimano if I were you. They will make it like new.

But if you want to get a newer better reel then I would highly suggest considering the shimano calcutta te. You dont have to buy new because they are pretty expensive. Try to get a used one. I recently got one used and compare to the cardiff, its heavier but the retrieve is sooo smooth that I dont even care. It has a lot more power because of the HEG and it makes a big difference w/ moving baits.

yup the 401 TE is definitely my smoothest swimbait reel - but $$$!  I am going to look into a Daiwa Luna if I ever find one for the right price.