Sign in to follow this  
LAO162

Experience with Albright Tackle?

Does anyone have experience with Albright Tackle?  It appears the 5 year old company is shifting to an internet model.  They specialize in fly fishing gear, but also had some travel casting & spinning rods that look like they might be fun to put in a suitcase.

Thanks

Leon

Leon,

No, but how about you trying one or two items and reporting back to us.

We are always on the lookout for new and exciting items to improve our odds of being sucessful on the water.

Great post, too.  Maybe some of the guys know abut Albright Tackle and they can fill us in.  :)

I called yesterday.  Very friendly service.  While they indicated that the guides and reel seat (on the spinning & casting rods) were Fuji, they could not be more specific about the components.  Also, they had no specifics about the blanks.

I can't speak for their spinning gear, but I do have an Albright A-5 5wt, 9' fly rod.  Great rod that easily competes with rods that are 2+X the cost.  I bought this instead of a Winston and Sage that I was looking at.  They had a blowout sale on a lot of their stuff recently.  I don't know if the sale is still going.

I called yesterday. Very friendly service. While they indicated that the guides and reel seat (on the spinning & casting rods) were Fuji, they could not be more specific about the components. Also, they had no specifics about the blanks.

Sounds to me like they are selling rods they know nothing about.  This would be a red flag to me.