Sign in to follow this  
kikstand454

ok.. rod advice decision

i have a brand new quantum tour edition reel and now i need a rod. im going to use it for jigging/carolina rig and the like. my problem is this.

i have handled and very much liked a 7'2" asr all star rod at sports authority--    http://www.allstarrods.com/as_asrseries.html      ---and it is retaling for $99.99. however, im growing fond of shimano rods esp. their warranty and wonder if i should maybe wait and see if i can get a deal on a crucial --- http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/rods/freshwater/Crucial_Casting.html   --- instead.

the compre doesnt seem to offer the splt grip and exposed blank that im looking for... otherwise this would be easy. lol.

though im sure imma get a million shimano replies... id still like to hear the advice. :)

i would try ebay u can get a crucial for under $100

but of all rods i have seen non where split grip i know they show them but i havnt seen 1

plus split grip doesnt make a differance on how the rod works its just a personal preferance u might save maybe an ounce if ur lucky

well thats my 2 cents

If you want a Crucial, don't settle for a Compre. They feel nothing like a Crucial in the hand.

crucials are excellent rods (i have two myself) but the only casting ones that come with split grips are the flipping sticks and the dropshot models.