Sign in to follow this  
ghost

2 New Rods & 2 New Reels

Life is good when the local fishing store has a 20% storewide sale day after Thanksgiving...well since the sales guy knows me, he let me buy what I wanted today.

I bought a 6'9" MH Zillion b/c rod, to go w/ the 7.1:1 Zillion b/c reel.  Also picked up a Falcon Cara 6'10" finesse jig b/c rod w/ split grip handle.  I've been eyeing this rod since the beginning of the year when the store got them in.  Both these b/c rods are sooo light, can't wait to try them out.

Since I've been wanting to get a quality b/c reel to go w/ my Carrot Stix b/c rod...the Daiwa Sol b/c reel is what I waited for till today.  The reel now seems "old school" since it's a few years old & not quite as "juiced" up w/ reels now.  But it's still a small, light weight b/c reel that I'll use for cranking lures & finesse apps.   They even spooled it w/ 8 lb P-Line CXX  for free since I spent quite a few greenbacks there today.

I was at Cabelas earlier today too & picked up a couple other reels (okay, so I got more than a couple reels).  I had some credit that was burning a hole in my pocket, so I found a very good deal on a left hand Quantum Accurist b/c reel that was their display.  The reel is on closeout for $60, but since it was the last w/ no box they took off another 10% off on the reel.  I totally went over the reel to make sure that it worked close to flawlessly & it did.  Soooooo, I had enough left to get the new 2009 Shimano Sahara 3000 spinning reel....very nice!!!  The thing reels like butta!!!

Okay gotta admit...I did get "one" more reel last weekend.  Dick's Sporting Goods has/had the Daiwa Capricorn 2500(discontinued).  It matches "good" w/ the 7' medium Carrot Stix spinning reel I have.  Since a friend works at DSG, he got it for me w/ his discount, even though it was on closeout for $50.

I KNOW I am done w/ all my upgrades for this year, it should hold up for all of next year...I REALLY hope so.... :)

nice dude. Those zillion rods are AWESOME. the cara's handles are sweet too.

Man that sounds like an awesome setup!! How does your zillion compare to your carrot stix? I love my carrot stix, but want to get a zillion for xmas.

Just got the Zillion rod the other night & have not tried it out.  It is 6'9" MH & the Carrot Stix I have is of the same specs.  BUT the Zillion is much stiffer or extra fast than the Carrot Stix.

Forgot to mention that I also have the new 2009 Curado E & Citica E in left hand.  Got them three weeks ago, I had them on order since end of Sept.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!  We're doing something different this year & having a turdukhen.  Heard of that before???  You have a boneless duck on the bottom, then stuffing; then a boneless chicken, then stuffing, & then a boneless turkey that has all that inside.  The turkey legs stay on the bird....can't wait to taste this!!!