Sign in to follow this  
Grey Wolf

SPINNING ROD FOR HEAVIER BAITS

Quantum Energy PT spinning rod , 3/8-1 1/2 oz.

Daiwa Coastal inshore spinning rod , 3/8- 1 1/2 oz.

Does any body have any experience with either one of these rods ? Any info would greatly be appreciated.

What would you be using it for?

The quantum rod is a medium action so I would think it would be very whippy.

But the inshore rod is a good bet. Inshore rods are usually under rated and have a heavier power than labeled.

I would suggest the Shimano Clarus 7ft Heavy extra fast spinning rod. I have thrown baits up to two ounces on here.

Not practical and I would use a baitcaster with baits 3/8 ounce or heavier. But the decision is up to you. ;)

What would you be using it for?

The quantum rod is a medium action so I would think it would be very whippy.

But the inshore rod is a good bet. Inshore rods are usually under rated and have a heavier power than labeled.

I would suggest the Shimano Clarus 7ft Heavy extra fast spinning rod. I have thrown baits up to two ounces on here.

Not practical and I would use a baitcaster with baits 3/8 ounce or heavier. But the decision is up to you. ;)

I will be using it for heavier cranks and I understand it is not an accepted method to throw heavier cranks with spinning rods. Thank you for your input.

Oh that sounds like a fine idea to me, I assumed you were using it for a single hook technique.

I would go with the quantum pt rod since it is a more limber rod. That inshore rod will be a meat stick, don't know if you would want to crank with it.

Oh that sounds like a fine idea to me, I assumed you were using it for a single hook technique.

I would go with the quantum pt rod since it is a more limber rod. That inshore rod will be a meat stick, don't know if you would want to crank with it.

Thank's again .