Sign in to follow this  
21farms

bass pro shops customers: check your statements

just a word of warning for those who have ordered from basspro.com using a promotion to check your credit card statements to make sure you got the discount. i recently got an email from BPS to "come back", with an offer of $20 off a $100 purchase. so, i clicked on the link, placed well over $100 worth of merchandise in my shopping cart and checked out. the order summary showed the $20 discount was being subtracted and that my order total was $147.77. when i checked my credit card statement, BPS charged me the full $167.77!

i was fortunate that i had printed my order summary showing the discount and the correct total because the order summary that BPS emails you and makes available to you online does NOT show your order totals. i sent the BPS customer service rep a copy of my order summary and she had the $20 refunded to my credit card but it took about 4 days. i understand that mistakes happen but this appears to be a programming error in their software. therefore, i highly recommend printing out and keeping your order summary and then checking it against your credit card statement.

I used the same promo to buy my carpet.  Almost the same amount as you.  I got the discount when I checked my statement.  It must be a glitch of some kind.  

I had a simular thing happen with BPS.  Ordered a reel that was on sale and after I received it they hit my credit card for the difference between the sale price and the retail.  Had to call them a couple times and ended up speaking with a supervisor before getting it straightened out.  I printed the order form out as well and this helped get the matter resolved as well.